Tracking pixel

Customers' home contents insurance

Updated: 12 October 2023

Are your belongings covered?

We advise all tenants to have their own contents insurance.

While Torus cover your building insurance, your personal belongings need to be covered by contents insurance and it’s up to you to pay for your own home contents insurance and to insure your own personal belongings.

You never expect things to go wrong at home, but it could happen, ruining or destroying the things you love and need.

Contents insurance financially protects the contents in your home, garage, and shed – such as your clothes, furniture, TV, kitchen appliances, gadgets, and garden tools. 

From the jewellery and clothes you wear, to the sofas you sit on; contents insurance covers the lot.

Contents insurance covers your possessions against fire, theft, flooding or accidental damage so if the worst happens, you could claim on your insurance, and if covered, this would pay to repair or replace your contents.

Simple and Simple+ insurance cover from RSA

Torus have arranged with RSA (formerly Royal & Sun Alliance) to provide our customers - tenants and leaseholders - with contents insurance under their Simple and Simple+ policies.

RSA provide an insurance policy for everything you own (the contents of your property). It is easy to understand and not expensive. You can pay weekly, fortnightly, monthly or annually.

Make sure that you carry out your own comparison figures. This scheme is not provided by Torus but it has been arranged and designed specifically for housing association residents.

Don't delay - apply online today and get covered!!

Please note, we are not endorsing the RSA policies over other insurance providers. It is important that you do your own research and find the best policy for you and your circumstances. You can also visit the Money Saving Expert website to find out more about contents insurance and getting the best deal.

Make sure you’re covered. Get contents insurance.

Sidebar header graphic