Here if you need us this Christmas – our 2023 services
07 December 2023
If you need us over the festive period, we will still be here for you. Torus will remain open for our customers, there are a few minor changes, but here are our festive hours:
Torus Customer Hub and receptions
Torus Customer Hub, will be available on all normal working days, including Saturday mornings (23, 27, 28, 29 & 30 December) contactable by phone, email and through our website.
The public receptions in Liverpool, St Helens and Warrington will be open 9am-4pm between Christmas and New Year, Wednesday 27 – Friday 29 December.
Please note, while we will have colleagues working across the Torus Group over the festive period, we will be working on a reduced service. During this time, we will make every effort to deal with all incoming enquiries but may not be able to respond to all until we are fully open again in the New Year. Check out our FAQs at the bottom on this page.
Our contractor, HMS will only be carrying out emergency repairs from 5pm on 22 December until 2 January 2024.
Email and website contacts sent on Saturday 30 December may not be responded to until after the New Year and customer will need to call 0800 678 1894 to report ALL emergency repairs at any time.
Customer can also use their online account to book non-emergency, routine repair for the New Year (after 2 January 2024).
Out of Hours and emergency repairs
When the Torus Customer Hub is closed, our out of hours team will be responding to emergency repairs only. To contact our out of hours team to report an emergency repair, you must call 0800 678 1894.
Emergency repairs are faults that could seriously damage health or the property, examples of emergency of repairs are:
- Escape of gas or fumes - if you smell gas, you must also contact National Grid on 0800 111999 immediately. In the event of a fire, call 999 immediately.
- Electrical fittings in contact with water
- Live or bare electric wiring
- Sewage overflowing into the home or internal communal areas
- Uncontrollable leaks
- Failure of all lights or all power – domestic and communal
- Continuous sounding activated communal / domestic fire / smoke alarms
- CO detector activation – refer to Cadent
- Tenant locked out of the Property
- Loose or dangerous bricks / roof tiles
- Failure of major adaptations – e.g. passenger lifts, customer stairlifts.
- Insecure external door & window if ground floor.
- Gas and electrical safety check following emergency e.g. fire, flood etc.
- Warden call systems faults
- No heating / hot water (this is a 48-hour response unless the customer is vulnerable or disabled).
Please always call 0800 678 1894 to report an emergency repair – you can report emergency repairs 24/7.
We kindly ask that customers who need to contact our out of hours service to report an emergency repair, only contact us in a genuine emergency to make sure those who need our support can get it. Find out more about emergency repairs here.
Members of our Income Services Team will be available to support with rent queries between Christmas and New Year.
- Click here to find out more about the different ways to make a payment.
- If you are struggling to pay your rent, please email email@example.com and a member of the team will contact you, or for more information on support available visit Struggling to Pay Your Rent on our website.
Please note, if you make a payment online, it will not show on your rent account until after 2 January 2024.
Save time, do it online!
Opening an online account is the quickest, most convenient way for Torus tenants to manage their home.
- Manage tenancy account day or night by mobile, tablet or PC
- Report and book routine repairs (for the New Year) – to book an emergency repair over Christmas, customers can call 0800 678 1894 24/7
- View your rent balance and make a payment – please notes that payments made over Christmas will not show on rent accounts until we re-open fully, after 2 January 2024.
- Update your details.
Supporting our older and vulnerable customers
Torus colleagues from Support Network will be spending the festive season making sure our older and vulnerable customers in our schemes, Refuge and communities continue to remain safe this Christmas.
The Care Teams will remain on-site 24/7 in our Extra Care schemes, with Housing colleagues on-site between Christmas and New Year.
Managers in our Sheltered Schemes will be on-site providing cover and our Support Network Managers are also providing 24-hour cover for all our supported living schemes over the whole of the Christmas period.
The Staying Home Team will be on duty checking for emergencies and dealing with welfare concerns.
Torus Safe2Speak Refuge accommodation remains open over the Christmas and New Year period, with staff on site continuing to support to residents, take in admissions and take calls to the 24-hour helpline (01925 220541).
Safe2Speak IDVA/Outreach Team will be working to process referrals to the Safe2Speak service to prevent delays in victims being contacted.
Torus Foundation and FireFit Youth and Community Hub
While main services from Torus Foundation will be closed from 5pm on Friday 22 December until Tuesday 2 January 2024, you can still contact Torus Customer Hub if your enquiry is urgent.
The Foundation’s team at FireFit Youth and Community Hub has organised some sessions to take place in between Christmas and New Year for young members and the wider community, find the full details here.
Domestic abuse support
An increase in alcohol consumption, more time at home and families reuniting can all lead to a rise in domestic abuse. If someone you know is in an abusive relationship, you might feel powerless, but reporting your suspicions to the police can help the police and partnering organisations paint a full picture of abuse in the household.
If you think someone is in immediate danger, call 999 - if you are unable to speak always press '55' when prompted to confirm an emergency.
- Support for victims - click here to find out how to access domestic abuse support for yourself or for someone you are concerned about
- Support for perpetrators - click here if you need help if you are hurting someone
Safeguarding - worried about an adult or a child
Safeguarding is about protecting a person’s right to live a life free from abuse and neglect. If you are concerned that a child, young person, or a vulnerable adult is at risk of or experiencing abuse or neglect/self-neglect, or you yourself are a victim of abuse, you should report it straight away so that the appropriate services can take the appropriate actions to prevent harm. Click here to find out more about how to report your concerns.
If someone is in immediate danger, call 999.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from everyone at Torus.
Customer service FAQs
You can find your Tenancy Reference/account on your online account, on your Tenancy Agreement or on recent correspondence from Torus, including your annual rent change notification letter.
You can report a repair at any time, via the usual channels. However, we will only be raising emergency repairs over the festive period. Customer can also use their online account to book non-emergency, routine repair for the New Year (after 2 January 2024).
All emergency repairs - faults that could seriously damage health or the property - can be reported 24/7 on 0800 678 1894.
Please wait and contact the Customer Hub in the New Year (after 2 January 2024) so they can book in your appointment.
You can contact Torus Customer Hub during their open hours (see the table) and they will make every effort to deal with your enquiry. However, we may not be able to respond to all until we are fully open again in the New Year.